Tuesday, February 20, 2007

How The West Was Won (1962) (Alfred Newman)

Here is the Alfred Newman score to the Western starring Jimmy Stewart and half the Hollywood phone book. This is from the long out-of-print Sony CD. It seems to me that 'Thomas' offered to post the score (though possibly to another version of the score) and that 'Scoredaddy1' already posted it, but I haven't downloaded it yet, so I don't know if it's the same version. And of course, I already uploaded it, so I didn't want it to go to waste.

If I remember right, this movie was in Cinerama, but I've only seen it on television. Seeing the two lines going down the middle of the screen though is just as fun.

I would put the overture to this film in my top 100 greatest in film history, but then I haven't actually made up that list, so for all I know it could be #101.

Well, enjoy yet another potentially superfluous post. If I rack up enough of those, it may shape up to be a potentially superfluous blog.

Track List:

01 - Overture: I'm Bound For The Promised Land / Shenandoah / Endless Prairie / The Ox Driver / I'm Bound For The Promised Land - [Alfred Newman / Ken Darby Singers / Ken Darby Singers / Ken Darby Singers / Dave Guard & The Whiskeyhill Singers / Ken Darby Singers]
02 - Main Title (How The West Was Won)
03 - The American West - [narration by Spencer Tracy]
04 - Erie Canal - [Dave Guard & The Whiskeyhill Singers]
05 - The River Pirates
06 - Bereavement And Fulfillment
07 - Westword Ho! - [narration by Spencer Tracy]
08 - St. Louis
09 - Cleve And The Mule
10 - Raise A Ruckus - [Debbie Reynolds & The Ken Darby Singers]
11 - Come Share My Life - [Ken Darby]
12 - Home In The Meadow - [Debbie Reynolds]
13 - Cheyennes
14 - What Was Your Name In The States? - [Debbie Reynolds]
15 - The Marriage Proposal
16 - Entracte: Home In The Meadow / 900 Miles / On The Banks Of The Sacramento / When Johnny Comes Marching Home - I'm Bound For The Promised Land / Battle Hymn Of The Republic - [Alfred Newman / Ken Darby Singers / Dave Guard & The Whiskeyhill Singers & The Ken Darby Singers / Ken Darby Singers / Ken Darby Singers / Ken Darby Singers]
17 - The Civil War - [narration by Spencer Tracy]
18 - He's Linus' Boy - [Ken Darby Singers]
19 - The Way West - [narration by Spencer Tracy]
20 - Climb A Higher Hill
21 - No Goodbye
22 - Finale: Home In the Meadow / How The West Was Won - [Alfred Newman / Debbie Reynolds & George Peppard, narration by Spencer Tracy / Ken Darby Singers]
23 - Exit Music / I'm Bound For The Promised Land / On The Banks Of The Sacramento / Home In The Meadow / How The West Was Won - [Alfred Newman / Ken Darby Singers / Ken Darby Singers / Ken Darby Singers / Ken Darby Singers]

pw = youdont

How The West Was Won (1962) (Alfred Newman) (Rapidshare)

How The West Was Won (1962) (Alfred Newman) (Filesend)

around 81 MB

Comments:
Hi Vince!

Try it again. I just tried it and it seems to be working okay. I hope it was just a temporary thing. :)
 
This is great stuff. Thanks a lot.
 
Hi Anonymous!

You're very welcome! :))
 
A Rising Crest of fame for Alfred Newman, which would end end he scored Airport. One of the Greats, whom his like shall never be seen again
 
Hi Honored General!

I very much agree! :))
 
Thank You Very Much!!!
I looked for it over and over. Finally I find it here!
 
Hello my friend,

Thanks for this ost How The West Was Won (1962) (Alfred Newman)

But the links are death please can you reup the soundtrack.


thank you so much.
 
Hello my friend,



Thanks for this ost How The West Was Won (1962)(Alfred Newman)



But the links are death please can you reup the soundtrack.



thank you so much. I wait for your answers
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?