Tuesday, February 20, 2007

J. Brown - Live At The Apollo, et al

I wanted to post this one at the beginning of the year, but I didn't get the chance to until now. I was stunned when I heard the news especially when I had just used a track of his in a compilation only days before, so I wanted to do something to commemorate his passing. Usually I wouldn't post this because I figure everyone will have already posted these on other blogs by now and they're pretty common to boot, but I wanted to post something in special tribute. If it gets you in the mood to listen to more, go out and buy these and anything else you can get your hands on, well, just because..........you feel compelled to do something some blogger tells you to do.

Even though it's fairly belated I don't think anybody will mind since he's probably still dead (though he seemed to travel more afterwards going from state to state than I have in the last few years).

I thought I'd also include a repost of a file (16 tracks from 1959) from the also late, great lamented blog, Peacock Alley.....sort of a double tribute (note the different password).

I don't really need to say anything about James Brown, but he will be sorely missed.

P.S. When I ripped the first file (12 tracks from 1962), I realized later that I had accidentally made the last two tracks both #11 in the filename, tags, and track list text file. Sorry about that. Just change the last track to #12 for me, will you? Thanks!

In memoriam to a giant:

pw = youdont

JB - Live At The Apollo (1962) (Rapidshare)

JB - Live At The Apollo (1962) (Megaupload)


around 74 MB

@ 320 Kbps


pw = shored

JB & His Famous Flames - Please, Please, Please (1959) (Rapidshare)

JB & His Famous Flames - Please, Please, Please (1959) (Filesend)

around 60 MB

@ 224 Kbps

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?