Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross)


I'd thought I'd post one of my favorite Jerome Moross scores of all time. Possibly second only to The Big Country (which you will find elsewhere on the blog). The music is absolutely fantastic (unless you don't like my taste which I could certainly understand.....that would also explain the lack of comments on the blog, but that's a whole other story).

Moross has also scored such movies as The War Lord, The Valley of Gwangi, The Proud Rebel, and The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, to name a few.

This is the score to the Tom Tryon / Carol Lynley religious drama though the music isn't in that Miklos Rozsa religious epic vein (probably because the film isn't an epic). It's lyrical and you will like it. The film was directed by Otto Preminger and a young Robert Morse also appears in a musical number because what would a religious picture be without an appearance by Robert Morse?

Enjoy!

Track List:


The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 01 - Main Title
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 02 - Stonebury
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 03 - Dixieland / Tango
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 04 - The Cardinal's Faith
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 05 - Bobby Morse (Robert Morse) & His Adora-Belles - They Haven't Got The Girls In The U.S.A.
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 06 - The Cardinal In Vienna
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 07 - Annemarie
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 08 - The Cardinal's Decision
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 09 - Way Down South
The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) - 10 - The Cardinal Themes

pw = youdont

The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) (Rapidshare)

The Cardinal (1963) (Jerome Moross) (Megaupload)

around 52 MB

Comments:
Howdy! I've been curious about this movie for some time. Now, I can check out the soundtrack. Thanks! You have great taste in music!
 
You have excellent taste in music my friend and it is very much appreciated, keep up the good work.

Ennioman
 
Hi First Moon!

Thank you so much for saying it! I really appreciate it (though other readers might disagree with you about my taste :)))

=========================

Hi Ennioman!

And I can't believe you said it too! Thank you so much!

=========================

Hi Vince!

Wow! You guys are great!


3 great comments in a row by some of my favorite visitors! Is blogging great or what?
 
i just want to really thank you for this. so, uh, thank you.
 
I read really much useful data here!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?