Thursday, October 26, 2006

Evil Under The Sun (1982) (Cole Porter)

Here's another soundtrack that I always wanted to post and now I am! I remember when I heard the underscoring to this film, maybe 20 years ago, I always wanted the soundtrack, but I don't think it had been released. I think at some point they released a sort of companion album to the film with Cole Porter songs on it whose performances weren't actually in the movie (sort of a proto-'inspired by the motion picture' type of song soundtrack) which it seems to me I got (but haven't seen in quite a while) and which I enjoyed, but I still wanted the underscoring.

Then eventually some time in the 90's (at least, I think it was then), DRG released this and so I was pretty happy to get the CD. I never figured they would release it after all those years, but they did.

After I uploaded this though, I checked on its availability (which is something I don't usually do just because of logistical reasons - there would be an even bigger delay in posting if I did!), and DRG still seems to be selling this, so normally I wouldn't want to post it, but I already had it uploaded, so here it is. I think it's actually on sale over there at their website, and they really slashed the price on it, so if you like this score after downloading it (or even before), I encourage everybody to get their own CD copy since it's cheap enough. (Why settle for a compressed version, when you can have the CD version? And for that matter, why settle for the CD version, when you can have a live orchestra perform it in your home? But I digress........)

If you liked the Peter Ustinov-Hercule Poirot movie then you'll know how fun the interpolated instrumental versions of Cole Porter songs are in this score (though because of the nature of the underscoring, there is sometimes a truncated feeling to a few of the tracks as if you want to hear the whole song, but then they have to stop, but I still enjoyed it). John Lanchberry's arrangements are what make it so fun (and that Porter guy ain't no slouch either). Enjoy! (Oh, and remember, if you're Diana Rigg, never sleep out in the sun!)

Track List:

Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 01 - Main Titles
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 02 - Restaurant Interior
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 03 - Daphne's Island
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 04 - Poirot on Boat
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 05 - The Cocktail Party
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 06 - Arlena & Patrick
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 07 - Swimming
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 08 - Hotel Balcony
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 09 - Myra & Christine
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 10 - Gardener's Suite
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 11 - Breakfast on the Terrace
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 12 - Christine in Hotel Corridor
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 13 - The Dance Sequence
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 14 - Daphne's Office
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 15 - Checkout
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 16 - The Grotto
Evil Under the Sun (1982) (Cole Porter) - 17 - Hotel Exterior

pw = youdont

Evil Under The Sun (Rapidshare) - (Link Re-Up)

Evil Under The Sun (Megaupload)

around 45 MB

Comments:
Great story as for me. I'd like to read a bit more about that topic. Thnx for sharing this data.
 
THANKS THANKS THANKSSS!!! I GREW UP WITH THIS FILM, IT'S EXTRAORDINARY! AND SO LIGHT AND GENTLE.. GREAT! ^_*
 
I've been looking for years, thank you SO much for posting it, really smashing of you to do so! :)
 
Pretty effective data, thank you for this post.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?