Thursday, October 26, 2006

By Request - Yours, Mine and Ours (1968) (Fred Karlin)

'Isbum' requested this and always glad to oblige a good buddy! It's an awfully fun comedy score and I think you'll enjoy it. It's to the Lucille Ball / Henry Fonda family comedy which Dennis Quaid and Rene Russo eventually remade. Amazing to think it was based on a true story. I'm also kind of amazed that they remade it. I would've thought they would consider it too old-fashioned or something. I guess without the success of the Cheaper By The Dozen remake, they probably wouldn't have, but I still find it amazing.

Maybe even more amazing is that in remaking a movie from the 1960's, they didn't cast Mark Wahlberg in the lead. How many movies is it now? 4 or 5? Planet of the Apes, The Italian Job, Charade, I forget all of them. Was he in Ocean's Eleven? I can't remember. Well, I never expected in a million years that they would remake The Italian Job, but I guess I should've realized that they would with the Mini-Cooper chase and all. Well, despite the way it sounds, I kind of like it when they remake these movies. There's a nice sense of continuity about it all (though sometimes it just seems more like a lack of imagination).

I keep expecting them to remake Wait Until Dark, Topkapi, or It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Well, I guess they'll get around to those eventually. How about The Graduate: The Revenge? After-M*A*S*H? (they can remake sequels to TV shows for when they start moving into the 1970's) Midnight Cowgirl? Or maybe they'll be too busy remaking The Grudge 2. I expect that one to come out in 4 or 5 years. They can call it, The Grudge 2: The Beginning (subtitled, The Grudge). Or maybe they can remake the original Japanese movie again and call it The Slightly Pissed-Off 2.

Well, not to beat a dead horse (yeah, I know, it's already too late), but it seemed that in the past that a spate of remakes always followed some technological advance like the advent of sound or color, but in the last 10 or 15 years, the remakes seem to be as a result of studio executives watching a lot of TV Land and AMC. Or maybe the advance was the rise of cable or DVD? Hmmmm. I don't know. And to go off on another tangent, I never understand what audience some TV remakes are trying to appeal to. If you contemporize and update a TV show into a film to the point that it's unlike the original, that won't appeal to the audience who liked the TV show. And if you're trying to appeal to an audience who doesn't remember the TV show, then why bother to base it on it in the first place? I don't quite understand which audience this is meant to appeal to. Oh, well.

In any case, enjoy 'Yours, Mine and Ours' (oh, yeah, that's what this post was about....now, I remember)

P.S. There might be a slight sound issue on 1 or 2 of the tracks, but it's hard for me to tell since my headphones are acting up and in need of replacing. Those issues didn't seem to appear when I put together the 'Orphaned Film Songs' compilation, so I suspect it's the headphones, but I thought I should mention it, just in case. Otherwise, it sounds great.


Track List:

01 - Yours, Mine And Ours (Main Title - Vocal)
02 - Introducing the Beardsleys and The Norths
03 - The War Was On
04 - North, Helen
05 - At Home
06 - Toujour L'Amour
07 - The Honky Donkey
08 - It's A Sometimes World (Instrumental)
09 - Yours, Mine and Ours (Instrumental)
10 - It's A Sometimes World (Vocal)
11 - Mrs. N. and Mr. B.
12 - Just Married
13 - Honeymoon
14 - Morning Madness
15 - Christmas
16 - Mike Leaves
17 - End Title (Yours, Mine and Ours - Vocal Reprise)

pw = youdont

Yours, Mine and Ours (Rapidshare)

Yours, Mine and Ours (Megaupload)

around 34 MB

@ 128 Kbps

Comments:
Thanks for posting this! I love this movie.
 
any chance you have Westworld by Fred Karlin?
 
Hi Sharon!

I really enjoy it too!

=======================

Hi Blofeld's Cat!

I put it in the request post. Hope somebody out there has it. :))
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?