Friday, September 01, 2006

A Man Could Get Killed (1966 Soundtrack) (Bert Kaempfert)


Here's a nice soundtrack by Bert Kaempfert. It's to another one of those movies, like Sex & The Single Girl, My Geisha, or some others I've posted, that I always enjoyed watching, but couldn't objectively say that these were the best movies in the world. It was a comedy starring James Garner, Melina Mercouri, Tony Franciosa, and Sandra Dee.

As far as the music goes, if you know Bert Kaempfert, then you know what to expect. These types of soundtracks are always great. And I should also mention that this is one of those movies that, as far as I know, falls into the category of having music or a theme which is interesting or popular enough that they decide to add lyrics to it later. In this case, Eddie Snyder & Charles Singleton added lyrics and it became the song, 'Strangers in the Night'.

I was always thinking it would be interesting to do a compilation of those songs that started out purely as instrumentals and then had lyrics added later, maybe just from films, and I used to keep a sort of mental list, but it was a long time ago, and I think I've forgotten most of them. The tricky thing is you'd have to do a fair amount of research on them to find out exactly when they added lyrics, but I think the real thing that stopped me from doing it was that I couldn't come up with a full 90-minute tape's worth. I think some others that fall into this category might be songs like, 'At Last', 'More', 'A Time For Us', 'Stella By Starlight', etc., but I couldn't be sure without more research. Well, that doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but this soundtrack just reminded me of it. (Aren't you glad?)

Well, anyway, enjoy hearing 'Strangers in the Night' before it became 'Strangers in the Night'..........


Track List:

01 - Main Title
02 - Explosive Welcome / Bi-Naveled Key Note
03 - Beddy Bye
04 - Beddoes Shadows
05 - Clues Dropper / A Tape Sandwich / Rude Awakening
06 - Noted Arrival
07 - Taking De-Tour
08 - Sale Fish
09 - Down to the Docks / A Deadly Game
10 - Foiled in Oil
11 - Handy Brandy / Hail The Azalea
12 - No a Go Go (End Title)

pw = youdont

A Man Could Get Killed (rapidshare) - (Link Re-Up)
A Man Could Get Killed (megaupload)

around 51 MB

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?